Pathways Future Center School is a a school of choice in the Adams 12 Five Star School District. We work with students between the ages of 17 and 21 who are looking for an alternative education setting that combines online learning with face to face classes. Students attend school for approximately 3.5 hours per day. We offer three different sessions: morning, afternoon, and evening. Students attend one of the three sessions, Monday-Friday, and then also spend between 12 and 15 hours per week working on online curriculum outside of the school. A student can work on online coursework anywhere that has internet access.
There are three education programs offered at Pathways Future Center School: Traditional Adams 12 Diploma, Competency Based Adams 12 Diploma, and Credit Recovery classes. Please see the Our Programs section of the website for details.
The Pathways school calendar is divided into six grading periods instead of the traditional two grading periods found in most schools. Our grading periods are called hexters. In each hexter, a traditional diploma student is scheduled for classes that will earn 1.25 credits. This allows students to earn 7.5 credits in a school year in a standard schedule. Students have the opportunity to accelerate this pace through additional online classes and work based credit opportunities. We take new students at the beginning of each of the six hexter grading periods throughout a school year.
Because Pathways is a school of choice, it must be a good fit for each student. The enrollment steps outlined on this page will guide you through the process of becoming a Pathways student.
1. Attend an Information Session. Please see the calendar for Information Session dates.
2. Prepare for your interview with a Pathways administrator. You must come to your interview dressed appropriately and with all paperwork completed.
3. Complete your interview.
4. You will be notified of your acceptance or denial.
5. Attend new student registration on given dates and come prepared with enrollment paperwork and documents.
6. Attend new student orientation on given dates.
7. Start classes as a Pathways student!
If you have questions about the enrollment process, please feel free to contact the school.