Pathways Future Center School is a a school of choice in the Adams 12 Five Star School District. We work with students between the ages of 17 and 20 who are looking for an alternative education setting that combines online learning with face to face classes. Students attend school for approximately three hours per day. We offer three different sessions: morning, afternoon, and evening. Students attend one of the three sessions, Monday-Thursday, and then also spend between 12 and 15 hours per week working on online curriculum outside of the school. There are office hours on Fridays for students to access teachers for help. A student can work on online coursework anywhere that has internet access.
There are three education programs offered at Pathways Future Center School: Traditional Adams 12 Diploma, Competency Based Adams 12 Diploma, and Credit Recovery classes. Please see the Our Programs section of the website for details.
The Pathways school calendar is divided into six grading periods instead of the traditional two grading periods found in most schools. Our grading periods are called hexters. In each hexter, a traditional diploma student is scheduled for classes that will earn 1.5 credits. This allows students to earn 9 credits in a school year in a standard schedule. Students have the opportunity to accelerate this pace through additional online classes and work based credit opportunities. We take new students at the beginning of each of the six hexter grading periods throughout a school year.
Because Pathways is a school of choice, it must be a good fit for each student. The enrollment steps outlined on this page will guide you through the process of becoming a Pathways student.
NEW ENROLLMENT PROCESS!
We are excited to have our new enrollment process up and running. We are not allowed to have group gatherings, so we are not having in-person information sessions. If you are interested in enrolling at Pathways for the fall of 2020, you will need to use this new process. It will involve watching a virtual information slide show, completing our online application, and having the student participate in a Google Virtual Meeting with an administrator. Remember, students must be at least 17 years old and live in the Adams 12 Five Star Schools boundaries to attend Pathways. We are not accepting out of district students. Please use these steps:
1. Watch Virtual Information Slideshow. This will give you the basics of Pathways to make sure it is a school that you feel will fit your needs.
2. Complete our Pathways Online Application. Make sure to fill out this form with accurate contact information so that our staff can contact you for an interview. We will need accurate phone and email information. Please make sure that your voicemail is set up on your phone.
3. Our office staff will reach out to schedule your interview with Google Meet. You will need to access a phone or computer for a video chat.
4. If you last attended a school that is not part of the Adams 12 Five Star Schools system, you will need to have your transcript, IEP or 504 if applicable, and attendance/discipline records in order to participate in your interview.
5. If you are accepted, you will receive a phone call this summer to pick up and complete your registration paperwork.
6. We are currently taking a break for summer vacation. Once you fill out the application, you will receive a phone call after 7/29/20 to set up next steps.
If you have questions about the enrollment process, please feel free to contact the school.